Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Egg White Omelets and Boxing

My newest favorite fast recipe: a spinach and mushroom egg white omelet. Essentially, I throw a handful (or two or three) of spinach, a drizzle of olive oil, and a fistful of sliced mushrooms into a frying pan and cover it until the spinach is wilted, pour egg whites (from a car4ton) over it, do a messy flip that really more resembles scrambled eggs, and voila. Dinner. Or lunch. Or breakfast. It's not pretty, but it's delicious. I'll try to get a recipe with pictures up soon.

In any case, I threw that together tonight and ate it about 45 minutes before workout time in the hopes that it would keep me from keeling over (or gnawing on Trainerman Alec). When he asked me if it was okay to try something new, I was afraid he'd want me to run sprints up and down the highway. Turns out, he wanted to teach me to box. I was game, so he wrapped me up, gloved me, and proceeded to make me sweat for an hour.

My reaction: so, I have a bit of trouble both moving my feet and swinging at the same time. I start feeling clumsy when he starts moving the pads around quickly, and I quickly lose whatever "right vs left" knowledge I may have had. But it was cathartic, it was fun, and I sweated my butt off. I have a mean right hook, but everything else could use work. In any case, Trainerman says it's not the worst start he's seen. I'm hoping we do more of that soon, and maybe I'll acquire wraps and gloves to hit the heavy bag on our off days. It was that much fun. And I like to hit things. But I also appreciate staying out of jail. This is the best of all worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Helpful comments, tips, tricks, advice...whatever you've got, leave it here!